Applying to Catholic Law for Transfer Admission
Students may be admitted with advanced standing from a law school accredited either by the American Bar Association or the Association of American Law Schools after completing the first year of law school elsewhere. Students must be in good standing and eligible to continue at their original school. A maximum of thirty-nine (39) credit hours will be accepted for students transferring from ABA accredited law schools.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline for Spring 2023 admission is November 25, 2022. The application for Fall 2023 admission is July 1, 2023. Your application, personal statement, and resume must be postmarked or transmitted by that date.
Can I apply online?
Yes, we receive all of our applications through LSAC's online application service. Our application can be found here.
Can I apply by mail?
You may also apply by mail. Our mailing address is:
Columbus School of Law
Office of Admissions
The Catholic University of America
Washington, D.C. 20064
What are the application requirements?
- Application & application fee
- Two-page personal statement
- One-page professional resume
- A letter of good standing from your current law school
- At least 1 but no more than 2 letters of recommendation. It is highly recommended that one of those letters be from a professor at your current law school
- An LSDAS report containing your LSAT score(s)
- All undergraduate, graduate and first-year law transcripts (These can also be in your LSDAS report)
Can I apply before my grades are in?
You may apply at any time, but the committee will not review your application materials until your file has all of the above-required documents.