Complete the Food Order Form, found here, at least one week in advance.
- Food orders can range from pizza, cookies, and soda at student meetings to a display of hot or cold hors d'oeuvres for a larger style reception
- For larger events, we suggest setting up a meeting to discuss menus, budget and logistical plans well in advance of your event
- If the food order is from an approved outside vendor (i.e. Pizza Boli’s or Lawson’s) please make arrangements to pick it up from the SLSE office fifteen minutes prior to the event/meeting
Food in Columbus School of Law Classrooms
Food is not allowed in Slowinski or Haislip Courtrooms.
At the conclusion of your event, please be sure to leave the space as you found it, as there may be a class meeting in that room immediately following your event. Therefore, please...
- Dispose of ALL trash
- Place pizza boxes/plastic platters in a trash can outside of the classroom to eliminate food smells
- Empty and throw away the ice bucket
- Leave any unused drinks, plates, or cups on the cart
- Return the black cart to Suite 341 (if we are open) or to the kitchen in the foyer of Room 217
For catered receptions, please be sure to have a group member assigned to guard the food after it has been set up. Students who are not attending your event may begin eating the food before your event starts, in which case there may not be enough for your guests.
Approval must be granted by the SLSE office in order to serve alcohol. Due to University policy, a bartender must be present (approx. $230 for 4 hours). Kegs will only be approved for major events. Alcohol is only served during the week at high profile events with a good number of alumni in attendance.